10 FACTS about PSYCHOLOGY - Listening & Vocabulary
STEP 1 STUDY THESE KEYWORDS
- Behaviour (n) : The way that someone acts
- Mental (adj) : Relating to the mind, or involving the process of thinking
- Physical (adj) : Relating to the body
- Multitasking (n) : A person’s ability to do more than one thing at a time
- Perspective (n) : A particular way of considering something
- Unconscious (adj) : In the state of not being awake
- Trust your gut (idiom) : follow your feelings
- Hard drive (n) : A part of a computer that reads information on a hard disk, or a separate device that can be connected to a computer in order to do this
- Pattern (n) : A particular way in which something is done, is organized, or happens
STEP 2 : WATCH THE VIDEO AND ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- According to Dunbar’s number, how many people can you maintain a stable social relationship with?
- What is it in our brain that pushes us to want things?
- Does the video suggest that we make decisions consciously or unconsciously?
- What do mirror neurons make us do?
- Can you restate the 10 facts?
STEP 3 : DISCUSS THESE QUESTIONS WITH A LANGUAGE PARTNER OR LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW
- Did you know about any of these facts?
- Which fact is the most surprising?
- How long to you think about your options before making an important decision?