Meet Lupita Nyong'o, An Oscar Winner
STEP 1 : Can you hear these words in the video?
- Meditate (v) : To think calm thoughts in order to relax or as a religious activity
- Eclectic (adj) : Methods, beliefs, ideas, etc. that are eclectic combine whatever seem the best or most useful things from many different areas or systems, rather than a following single system
- Specificity (n) : The quality of being specific
- Beverage (n) : A drink of any types
- Decompress (v) : To reduce in pressure, to relax
- Festivities (n) : The parties, meals, and other social activities with which people celebrate a special occasion
STEP 2 : WATCH THE VIDEO AND ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- What is Lupita’s morning routine?
- Where does she live?
- What is the name of Lupita’s first pet?
- What is Lupita’s favourite movie in the last 5 years?
- How many languages does Lupita speak in this video? What are they?
- How many siblings does she have?
STEP 3 : DISCUSS THESE QUESTIONS WITH A LANGUAGE PARTNER
- Did you know who Lupita is?
- Have you seen her in movies?
- Do you have similarities with Lupita?