LOCAL ANNUAL EVENT - IELTS Speaking Part 2
1.Speaking part 2 brief description
In speaking part 2, you will be given a topic to talk about for 2 minutes. The examiner will not talk, so this is more of a short presentation instead of a conversation. You will be given 1 minute to prepare and you may make some notes if you wish (A pencil and a paper will be provided).
2. ENGLISH LEARNER : STUDY THESE WORDS
- Celebration (n) : A special social event, such as a party, when you celebrate something
- Carnival (n) : (a special occasion or period of) public enjoyment and entertainment involving wearing unusual clothes, dancing, and eating and drinking, usually held in the streets of a city
- Annual (adj) : Happening once every year
- Traditional (adj) : Following or belonging to the customs or ways of behaving that have continued in a group of people or society for a long time without changing
- Feast (n) : Food
- Festive (adj) : Having or producing happy and enjoyable feelings suitable for festival or other special occasions
- Parade (n) : A large number of people walking or in vehicles, all going in the same direction, usually as a part of public celebration of something
3. ENGLISH LEARNER : WITH YOUR AUSTRALIAN SPEAKING PARTNER
Describe an annual event in your city or country
You should talk about :
- When is it?
- What do people usually do on this occasion?
- Why is this event being held?
And then explain why do you think it is a special event
4. AUSTRALIAN STUDENT : ASK THESE FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS ON YOUR PARTNER'S STORY
- Do you go to this event every year?
- What is your favourite thing about this occasion?
- How has it changed over the past few years?