ECOTOURISM - IELTS Speaking Part 3
1. SPEAKING PART 3 BRIEF DESCRIPTION
In part 3, you will be asked about broader questions which are related to the topic in Part 2. This part will last for 4 to 5 minutes. This will also be a conversation between you and the examiner. But in this part, you will need to show your understanding on those issues in a much deeper way than in Part 1. For instance, in part 2 you might get asked about a touristic place that you visited in recent years. And then in part 3, you might get asked about how Australians love to go to the beach.
2. ENGLISH LEARNER : STUDY THESE WORDS
- Destination (n): a place where someone is going
- Development (n): the process in which someone or something grows or changes and becomes more advanced
- Landscape (n): a view of countryside
- Local (n): a person who lives in the particular small area that you are talking about
- Ecosystem (n): all the living things in an area and the way they affect each other and the environment
- Eco-friendly (adj): designed to do the least possible damage to the environment
- Income (n): money that is earned
- Accommodation (n): a place to live, work, stay, etc
- Business (n): a particular company that buys and sells goods and services
- Restriction (n): an official limit on something
- Authority (n): a group of people with official responsibility for a particular area of activity
3. DISCUSS THESE QUESTIONS WITH A SPEAKING PARTNER
- Should tourists be aware of the natural landscape of the places they visit? Why?
- Do you think that tourism is necessary as a part of a country's economic success?
- How can tourism impact the natural environment?
- Who do you think should have more power in making decisions regarding tourism destinations, the government or the local communities?